SLBFE Act No. 21 of 1985
- The Minister shall, as soon as may be after the appointed date, by Order Published in the Gazette constitute the Association of Licensed Foreign Employment Agencies (hereinafter referred to as the "Association").
- The Association constituted under subsection (1), shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal and may sue and be sued by such name as is assigned to it by the Order constituting such Association.
- Every licensee shall become a member of the Association.
The functions of the Association shall be;
- to resolve disputes and disagreements between licensees;
- to make recommendations to the Bureau in regard to the promotion and regulation of employment outside Sri Lanka;
- to advise on, and assist in, the promotion of employment opportunities for Sri Lankans outside Sri Lanka;
- to formulate a code of good conduct for licensees and to ensure its enforcement;
- to make representations to the Bureau and to the Minister on matters relating to the recruitment of Sri Lankans for employment outside Sri Lanka.
- The affairs of the Association shall be administered by an Executive Committee of the Association consisting of the President, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President, Assistant Secretary and four other members elected in that behalf by the members of the Association from among themselves.
- The term of office of the Executive Committee of the Association shall be one year.
Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other written law, the executive
Committee of the Association, shall, on behalf of the Association, have the power to do, perform and execute all such acts, matters and things Whatsoever as are necessary or desirable for the performance of the functions of the Association.
Regulations may be made under this Act in regard to the procedure for the election of the Executive Committee of the Association and In respect of the convening of meetings of the Association and its Executive Committee and the transaction of business thereat Subject to any such. Regulations, the Association and the Executive Committee may regulate its own procedure.
To read the entire Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment Act. No.21 of 1985, please visit the official Sri Lanka Foreign Employment Bureau web